Wednesday, October 27, 2010

McDonald's Confirmation...Take Time for Others

I had a very interesting encounter with a man at McDonald's today.  I needed to get out of the house so that I could focus on some work that needed to be completed.  I packed up the laptop and was on my way.  I picked out the perfect spot and prayed that no one would come and bother me. Request, denied.  There was a gentleman in the restaurant just hanging around, talking to just about everyone who stepped through the door.  I was squirming in the inside because I just knew that he was itching to make his way over to my table.  Now, from his conversation with others you could tell that there were some sort of "issue" that he had been dealing with. 

And 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...he made his way over to my table.  Now before I continue let me say that I have a strong spirit of discernment and had just about summed up the spirit that he was dealing with just by his looks and his conversation with the other customers.  When he came over I thought to myself that I would be cordial and engage in about a minute of conversation.  I tried to give him this, hey buddy, I'm busy look.  That didn't work.  Now to protect his privacy I won't divulge what we discussed but I will say that sometimes people just need to hear an encouraging word and that Y-O-U just may be the person that God has directed them to.  I shared all of this to say that we should all learn to take a few minutes out of our time to encourage or help someone in need.  You never know when the favor will need to be returned.  We should always lift one another up in prayer...

LaTorya L. Nettles

No comments:

Post a Comment