Thursday, October 28, 2010

Part II: The Ability to Gain Wealth

On a previous posting, The Ability to Gain Wealth, I asked you to write down what it is that you are good at doing.  A comment on that posting asked for clarification on gifts versus hobbies.  I think that this is something that really needs to be addressed.  In simple form, your gift is something that comes naturally to you, for instance, writing is something that is effortless to me. It just flows.  For someone else, it may be painful to sit down and write a simple paragraph.  This doesn't mean that they can't take some classes to improve their writing, but it is something that they may continue to struggle with.  Let's flip the script for a second.  I love taking pictures but I would probably never become a professional photographer.  Photography is not my gift, but it is something that I enjoy as a hobby.  That same individual who is not gifted in writing may be wonderfully gifted in photography.  Your hobby is that special something that you like to do to relax from your normal day-to-day activities.  "Your hobby is a pursuit outside of your regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation (merriam-webster.com)."

No comments:

Post a Comment